- Immunohistochemistry (IHC/IF/ISH)
- Digital Pathology – Slide Scanning
- GeoMX (under construction)
- Equipment Rentals
- Tissue Microarrays
First time submitter?
- Please contact us to discuss any aspect of your project.
- Drop off and pick up in D11-41 (Dental Tower, 11th floor).
- You will be notified by email or phone for pick up.
Submissions are handled first come, first served with every attempt to have work finished as soon as possible. Please let us know about deadlines so we can try to meet them. Additional fees may apply.
- Paraffin process and embedding (FFPE) for fixed tissues in cassettes: 1-3 days.
- Cut paraffin blocks to unstained sections on slides: 1 or more days, depending on # blocks, # slides/block, any special requests and current workload. If you have a deadline, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Stain slide: H&E- 0.5 day. Histology special stains are performed semi-weekly depending on requests.
- IHC/IF/ISH: Immunolocalization projects take longer and depend on whether the antibody has been validated or has been used in tissue or species of interest and numbers of antibodies and slides.
- You can embed and section paraffin blocks using equipment rental after a brief training.
Staff members are happy to discuss any aspect of your project as preparation before sample harvesting is preferred. Assistance is also available with microscopy for publications or grants including letters of support and information for budgets.
If you publish work done with our assistance or an instrument, we appreciate your acknowledgement with a statement like “This work was supported in part by the Molecular Pathology Core in the Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine.