- Immunohistochemistry (IHC/IF/ISH)
- Brightfield and fluorescence microscopy
- Laser microdissection microscopy
- Tissue Microarrays
- Equipment Rentals
- Digital Pathology – Slide Scanning
- GeoMX Digital Spatial Profiling
First time submitter?
- Please contact us to discuss any aspect of your project.
- Drop off and pick up samples in D11-41 (Dental Tower, 11th floor). Email your submission form.
- You will be notified by email or phone when samples are ready for pick up.
Turnaround Time (TAT)
Submissions are handled first come, first served with every attempt to have work finished as soon as possible. Please let us know about deadlines so we can try to meet them. TAT will also depend on the number of blocks, slides/block, special requests and current workload.
General TAT times:
- Paraffin process and embedding (FFPE): 1-3 days (Samples are processed as few days/week as possible to decrease user costs. All reagents are changed in the processor based on number of processing runs, not numbers of blocks/run processed).
- Cut paraffin blocks to unstained sections on slides (FFPE sections): 1-3 days
- H&E stain slide: 0.5 day
- IHC/IF/ISH: Immunolocalization TAT depend on whether the antibody has been validated and used in species and tissue of interest. Contact Ann Fu to discuss your project before harvesting samples.
Staff members are happy to consult on any aspect of your project as preparations made before sample harvesting lead to better outcomes. We can also provide letters of support and budgetary information for grant applications.
If you publish work done with our assistance or using one of our instruments, we would appreciate your acknowledgement with a statement like “(Histology/Microscopy) was performed at the Molecular Pathology Core in the Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine, RRID:SCR_016601.”