- Immunohistochemistry (IHC/IF/ISH)
- Brightfield and fluorescence microscopy
- Laser microdissection microscopy
- Tissue Microarrays
- Equipment for rent
- Digital Pathology – Whole Slide Scanning
- Nanostring GeoMX Digital Spatial Profiling
- Nanostring nCounter
- Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss any aspect of your project.
- Drop off and pick up samples in D11-41 (Dental Tower, 11th floor). Email your submission form.
- You will be notified by email or phone when samples are ready for pick up.
Turnaround Time (TAT)
Submissions are handled first come, first served with every attempt to have work finished as soon as possible. Please let us know about deadlines so we can try to meet them. TAT will also depend on the number of blocks, slides/block, special requests, and current workload.
- Paraffin process and embedding (FFPE): 1-3 days (Samples are processed as few days/week as feasible to decrease user costs. All processor reagents are changed based on the number of processing runs, not by the number of blocks/run).
- Cut paraffin blocks to unstained sections on slides (FFPE sections): 1-3 days
- H&E stain slide: 0.5 day
- IHC/IF/ISH: Immunolocalization TAT depends on whether the antibody has been validated and used in species and tissue of interest. Contact Ann Fu to discuss your project before harvesting samples.
- Concurrent workloads and the complexity of your project will impact TAT so please plan accordingly.
Staff members are happy to consult on any aspect of your project as preparations before sample harvesting leads to better outcomes. We can also provide letters of support and budgetary information for grant applications.
If your publication included Staff assistance or one of our instruments, we would appreciate your acknowledgment with a statement like “(Histology/Microscopy) was performed at the Molecular Pathology Core in the Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine, RRID: SCR_016601.”