- Assisted and unassisted use after training.
- Applications include single region or cell isolation for extraction of DNA, RNA, protein or metabolites from nearly any biological system, allowing downstream (cell-specific) analyses such as PCR, RNA-sequencing, qRT-PCR, microarray, genetic fingerprinting, 2-D protein gels, and mass-spec analysis (LC-MS/MS/MALDI). See Leica science lab for more information.
- Fully automated high-end upright microscope.
- Dedicated LMD objectives available: 5x, 10x, 20x, and 40x.
- Special membrane coated (PEN) glass or frame slides are recommended for mounting tissue sections.
- Three-slide holder with rapid slide scans for over-view images.
- Fully integrated fluorescence allows live cutting within bright-field and fluorescence (BGR filters for DAPI, FITC, TRITC/PI; GFP) mode.
- UV laser 349 nm solid state diode (120 µJ, pulse frequency 10 – 5000 Hz, pulse length < 4 ns), with continuously adjustable laser aperture, speed, and focus.
- Gravity collection into standard PCR microfuge caps (0.2, 0.5ml), 8-strip wells, or cut live cells in Petri dishes with or without special membrane (Leica or Ibidi slides).
- Annotate then cut or cut in real-time using the Pen-screen or keyboard mouse.
- Export tabulations of areas microdissected to excel.
- Please acknowledge funding for this instrument as follows: “This work utilized a LEICA 7000 laser microdissection microscope purchased with an NIH shared instrumentation grant 1S10OD016350-01.”
- Please contact us with any questions regarding this instrument or appropriate citation.
Dou M, et. al. Nanowell-mediated two-dimensional liquid chromatography enables deep proteome profiling of <1000 mammalian cells. Chemical Science. 2018.
Zhu Y, et. al. Nanodroplet processing platform for deep and quantitative proteome profiling of 10-100 mammalian cells. Nat Commun. 2018.
Han S, et al. The pancreatic tumor microenvironment drives changes in miRNA expression that promote cytokine production and inhibit migration by the tumor-associated stroma. Oncotarget, 2016. link