- Initial training is required for all instruments. Users are responsible for supplying their own consumables including blades, slides, and slide boxes.
- Core staff maintain instruments and workspace and perform initial training sessions.
- Equipment rentals are rounded up to the nearest half-hour, eg. 30 minutes minimum.
- Instrument Reservations Calendar
- Calendar/Add/Edit: Pick the date, add your name and PI, and choose equipment under Category dropdowns. Create an Event to save.
- You will receive an email reminder of your reservation.
- Paraffin embedding station – D11-41
- Cryostat – D11-33
- Cytospin- D11-33
- Free use of multi-headed Olympus brightfield upright microscope in D11-35.
- Microtomes – D11-33
- Compresstome vibratome VF-300-OZ in D11-41A- vibrating microtome for cutting tissue slices, similar to cryostats and vibrating microtomes. The VF-300 sections is fully automated for sectioning fixed and live tissues, with down to 1-µm precision. This microtome can cut tissue slice thicknesses ranging from 3-µm to 2000-µm, at 1-µm intervals.
- Leica 7000 Laser Microdissection Microscope (LMD)
- Zeiss Axioskop 2 Plus Fluorescence with dual Axiocam hr cameras (color and monochrome) in D11-35A
- 2.5x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 63x (oil)
- Fluorescence Cubes:
- Zeiss #01- DAPI, AF350/405, AMCA
- Zeiss #10- AF488, Cy2, FITC, GFP
- Zeiss #20- AF555, Rhodamine, TRITC
- Zeiss #26- AF647, Cy5
- Triple (Dapi/FITC/Rhodamine)
- Image analysis workstations in D11-37
Fees and Invoicing
Please visit the Fee page for information on costs and billing.