Initial training is required. Users are responsible for their consumables such as low profile microtome blades (cryostat), your paraffin or OCT blocks, positively charged slides (Fisher) and slide boxes. Blades, slides, and boxes can be provided by the MPC at a charge.
- Core staff maintain the equipment and offer direction on protocols and initial orientation sessions.
- For tissue sectioning, please bring the following materials: pen and paper for note taking,
Minimum time on reserved instruments is in 30 minute increments.
- Cryostat – H550
- Embedding station – Histocentre
- Image analysis computer workstation
- Leica Laser Microdissection Microscope (LMM)
- Microtomes – Leica and Microm
- Zeiss Axioskop 2 Plus Fluorescence with dual Axiocam hr cameras (color and monochrome)