Initial training is required. Users are responsible for their consumables such as low profile microtome blades (cryostat), slides, and slide boxes. Blades, slides, and boxes can be purchased from the MPC.
- Core staff maintain the equipment, offer suggestions on protocols, and perform initial training sessions.
Minimum time on reserved instruments is in 30 minute increments to allow time for set-up and clean-up.
- Cryostat – H550
- Microtomes – Leica and Microm
- Compresstome vibratome VF-300-OZ
- Paraffin embedding station – Histocentre
- Image analysis computer workstation
- Leica 7000 Laser Microdissection Microscope (LDM)
- Zeiss Axioskop 2 Plus Fluorescence with dual Axiocam hr cameras (color and monochrome)